zondag 17 mei 2020

Ninja Origins - Dragon Clan Ninja with Dragon Claws

As part of my Origins expansion theme drawing from other 1980's influences, I noticed I had various asian themed parts in the "bits" box and what could be more '80s than to add a Ninja-themed subcollection? So far I have decided on not one, but three different ninja clans to populate that theme and have a couple members of each underway in various stages of completion. The first completed figure is one I'm rather happy with, which is a Dragon Clan Ninja equipped with Dragon Claws. Breakdown of parts used and modifications made after the pictures.







I'm well pleased with the way this one came out and I feel the claws work well on him. A small breakdown of parts used and modifications made:
- Claws, torso and arms from the Triple H that came with the ring. The white paint on the wrists was removed with acetone.
- Crotch, legs and boots from Roman Reigns. I resculpted the boot tips to have the split toe shape, but I don't feel it adds much, so won't bother for future ones
- Ninja vest from Classics Ninjor,
- Skirt from Funko Mumm-Ra. I had this leftover from my Funko-Bandai Classics mashup custom and once painted black, it worked wonderfully to balance out the extra girth of the Classics vest. I added some wear and tear to the fringe. Vest and skirt complement each other really well.
- Head from Funko Mortal Kombat Raiden, with sculpted ninja cowl added. The neckstump was carved out and the bottom of the head hollowed out to accept the Origins neck peg. A small O-ring was glued inside the head, so it sits snugly on the peg and can be posed.
The rest is paint, to blend in the different parts.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten