zaterdag 28 maart 2020

MotU Origins - Oo-Larr custom

While waiting patiently for the new Origins MotU range to come out in the fall, I've been itching to use the bodies I had from the Masters of the WWE Universe and some spare parts from my customs box to create some characters that aren't all that likely to get original figures and one such is Oo-Larr. This character is the original minicomic He-Man, before he became He-Man and before the Filmation cartoon changed his origin story.



I happened to have an incomplete Classics Oo-Larr I picked up cheap, missing the head and spear. I decided to steal its loincloth and bare feet. Classics feet are a bit big for Origins, but for this figure, they are just right enough to work.


I hollowed out the inside upper edge of the loincloth and shaved down one of the WWE crotch pieces, glued the new loincloth on to it and filled the gap with putty and then covered that with some brown paint. The loincloth is a bit wide, being made for Classics waists, but that actually works well for this figure, as it's a primitive rough fur thing. The main body is the Ultimate Warrior figure, for its bronzed skintone, with the chest tattoo removed and the shins are from the Cena figure, repainted along with the feet to match the rest of the body. I did make some minor changes to the insides of the feet to make them fit better on the Origins pegs and while it works well enough, it's still an imperfect solution. Regardless, they're not falling off if I don't provoke them, so there's that.

The Ultimate Warrior happened to come with Classics Oo-Larr's spear, molded in yellow, so I used that with a trim to shorten it and some paint. The head is a resin cast of the SDCC Origins He-Man head made by Ken Coleman. I may replace it with an actual one when He-Man comes out, but this one works just fine for now. I did convert an actual vintage head to fit the neck peg, but decided in the end the new head with the longer hair works better for Oo-Larr. I kept paint applications on the head and spear simple to stick to the toy look of the figures.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten